/general/ | /photos/ | /projects/

- [Home] [Catalog] [Search] [Thread List] [Manage]

Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Link
Subject [ [
Comment
File [
Verification
Password (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 9000 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File: eh.jpg -(1170.7 KB, 1300x2600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
1198770 No.43681   [Reply]
Well, here we are again.
Looking forward to Chihayafuru s2, but nothing else looks particularly interesting. Not that Fall 2012 is an easy to follow anyway.

What are you looking forward to, /bun/?
217 posts and 90 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No.45380  
>>45371
Yeah, I've never really cared for short anime, but there are some really interesting ones among the trash. I think it's the short format that allows Gdgd to shine. The show actually bombs frequently, but it only dwells for a couple seconds on each gag before it moves on to the next one. The way it used referential humor also surprised me. I've always looked at reference jokes as very lazy comedy, but Gdgd fairies use them in an incredibly creative way. My favourite thing about the show though, is how unpredictable it is. While there are specific 'corners' to the show, similar to a Japanese variety show, you never know what you're going to get with each episode and I wish the anime industry would do more stuff like this, instead of cranking out shameless 4koma adaptions.

By the way, after I finished Gdgd fairies I checked around if there were any shows similar to it, and I found two more.
Straight Title Robot Anime is partially ad-libbed in a way similar to Gdgd Fairies, but I honestly found it kinda boring.
Peeping Life is a series of completely ad-libbed sketches. The sketches are a lot slower, longer and much more grounded in reality than Gdgd, but I thought it was pretty funny.
>> No.45383  
>>45380
There are good and bad short shows, but I always feel good when watching them because amateur studios seem to have fresh ideas and style. Ai Mai Mi, Teekyuu, Boku no Imouto wa Osaka-okan, Senyuu. are all pretty fresh, although probably not for everyone.
>> No.45385  
>>45383
I thought Teekyuu was great, Osaka-momma and Mangirl were horribad (though their titles make them sound kinda cool) and I also watched Ishida and Asakura and it was absolute shit. I've yet to watch Senyuu.
Imo, there's a much larger fluctuation in quality for short shows, and also a lower good to bad ratio, but on the flipside, each episode lasts from 30 seconds to 10 minutes so it's not like you're committing to anything.
>> No.45592  
>>45298
Finished watching both seasons of this last week and I need more.
>> No.49236  
File: 30b75d3d2cea79008e6b4332e22b95be1[1].jpg -(265.9 KB, 1251x1772) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
272290
>>45592
Then rejoice, my brother.

http://moca-news.net/article/20140502/201405021800a/01/


File: spirited-away-7.jpg -(46.3 KB, 714x388) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
47439 No.36851   [Reply]
At my college/university we have an anime club. I was a member for a while. The last thing I'll say about that is quality is cyclical like an economic boom and bust cycle.The adviser however formed a separate discussion group[whose name won't be divulged as I'd prefer to be as anon as possible] with the purpose of discussing the anime we watched in depth.I'd like for us to try something like that on /bun/ because I think it would be interesting (maybe archive worthy) and because I'm lonely having no one to have long anime discussions with.Just to clear this up,this isn't the place for one liners.At he very least give a thorough explanation why you feel the way you do.It can be a single anime or a body of work.

To start us off:
>Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki

I enjoy the films of Miyazaki and don't feel like critics of film give him due recognition because his chosen medium is animation.
That said, If I had to pick one word to describe Miyazaki,it would be style.His technical skill in animation is phenomenal.The level of detail he brings to every frame is incredible.Examples I can think of are the city streets from Howl's Moving Castle and the bathhouse floor from Spirited away.His creativity also seems to stem from his style.Howl's Castle is by far the best example as he far exceeded the original novel. In the novel Howl's Castle is described as being made of huge charcoal stones held together by magic. Miyazaki turns Howl's Castle into a whimsical character with odd tendencies all it's own that over the film give the castle an identity.He also makes it more visually appealing using materials such as wood and brass suggesting a life of moderate comfort in the unbounded freedom the castle provides.
27 posts and 3 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No.49058  
>>49049
>MSG isn't in any way entry level. The animation aged badly and the franchise is far too big for anyone who isn't already into robots, nevermind not already being into anime.
I'll concede the franchise being large, although I think it's worth watching 79 even without the intent to watch further parts. However, I have a pretty big problem with saying that the animation aged badly (other than that I disagree). The human eye has not evolved so much since then. People just like you and me could watch old animation and enjoy it in the past, and they can do the same now, provided they are the sort of people who would enjoy it. I don't think it's important to watch old stuff just because it's old, like trying to watch the original Astro Boy or something, but there are old anime that people should watch if they are at all interested in anime.

>As for Yamato, it has a shorter (and prettier, some would say) remake, so...
Space Battleship Yamato (1974) was 26 episodes. Space Battleship 2199 (2012) adapted this original first season and was 26 episodes and a movie. I may be missing something, but I'm not sure what to place after that ellipsis.

>If you really want to show older animation for newcomers, it'd be better to start with OVAs I think.
I can agree with you here that OVAs are a good into anime in general, but there aren't really many OVAs before the mid-eighties.
>> No.49060  
>>49058
>recycled animation out the ass
>every motion is either slow, frame-moved or drawn as a blur to compensate
Look, there's a lot to 79 that was really evolutionary for its time (and the gimmick with the name is really fun too), but none of it was in the animations. It becomes especially painful if you compare the original TV run to something like CCA/0080/83/8th MS where they had a much bigger budget. It's obviously not a fair comparison to compare OVAs to 52 episode TV series, but that doesn't make watching 79 any more pleasant on the eye.
>> No.49063  
File: super realistic effects.png -(290.8 KB, 589x444) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
297787
>>49058
>The human eye has not evolved so much since then.
But the average human's brain has adapted to better animation since then. You could use that argument for special effects in movies and realize how ridiculous the notion is: Just because our eyes haven't physically changed doesn't make King Kong (1933) or Godzilla (1954) any less unconvincing to modern viewers. We've grown used to distinguishing good special effects from bad special effects, and as such cannot look at them the same way their original audiences did.
>> No.49091  
>>49063
It's not surprising that an argument someone made for one thing falls apart when applied to something different.
>> No.49093  
>>49091
I don't think the example is so far from Gundam's problem. Look at the post above that one. 0079's animation is most certainly not one of its strong points, and while newcomers to anime might not be sakugafags or even really care about animation quality on a conscious level, it's still bad enough they're probably going to go "wow this looks old". Not because of the designs, which do look aged (but not in a negative way, like how a lot of late 90s/early 2000s shows do, looking at you Saber Marionette J), but because of how cheap the animation looks at times.

There are better parts in this franchise for an anime newcomer to start, but I really dislike the idea of not watching Gundam chronologically.


File: V3.jpg -(258.4 KB, 720x4312) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
264596 No.44725   [Reply]
Do you niggas here watch some manly toku?
26 posts and 7 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No.47574  
>>47564
What I'd like to know is is it splattered all over with Urobuchi?
>> No.47585  
>>47563
Thank you! I think I'll go with Kuuga, as a lot of people recommend that.
>> No.47587  
>>47574
So far I haven't noticed too many of his mannerisms, I mean they just only now introduced a gun using character but it's only 5 episodes in.
>> No.48899  
File: OOO 1.png -(1152.5 KB, 1920x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
1180183
This villain is just the silliest!
>> No.48900  
File: OOO 2.png -(506.4 KB, 1920x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
518602
But he's pre~tty good! Also, I hope there are less RE4 like monsters (as in episode 2), and more guys in suits, because those fights are the best.


File: 90.png -(324.9 KB, 700x807) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
332707 No.41076   [Reply]
>>0 stole the precious thing!
10 posts and 3 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No.41419  
File: 1279708705101.gif -(109.7 KB, 317x170) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
112299
>> No.48874  
This thread wasn't [FUN] at all!
>> No.48875  
What a shitty thread.
>> No.48876  
Now to sit back and wait for posts to be deleted.
>> No.48877  
Alright, who bumped this?


File: 591289578_orig[1].jpg -(2925.0 KB, 1920x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
2995241 No.48613   [Reply]
15,441 *1 Hoozuki no Reitetsu [DVD+BD]: 2014/04/09
*7,954 *3 Mikakunin de Shinkoukei [DVD+BD]: 2014/03/19
*7,200 *2 Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren [DVD+BD]: 2014/03/19
*7,171 *2 Nisekoi [DVD+BD]: 2014/03/26
*6,688 *2 Noragami [DVD+BD]: 2014/03/26
*5,917 *2 Saki Zenkoku-hen [DVD+BD]: 2014/03/19
*4,758 *2 Witch Craft Works [BD]: 2014/03/26
*4,095 *2 Seitokai Yakuindomo* [DVD+BD]: 2014/02/19
*3,788 *2 Wake Up Girls! [BD]: 2014/03/28
*3,766 *2 Maken-ki! 2 [DVD+BD]: 2014/03/28
*3,671 *1 Nourin [DVD+BD]: 2014/04/09
*3,611 *1 Super Sonico the Animation [DVD+BD]: 2014/03/19
- - - - - - - - - - - Manabi Line (2,899) - - - - - - - - - - -
*2,768 *1 Sekai Seifuku ~Bouryaku no Zvezda~ [DVD+BD]: 2014/03/19
*2,691 *1 D-Frag! [DVD+BD]: 2014/03/26
Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
1 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No.48616  
lol poopa
>> No.48617  
>>48614
;_;
>> No.48620  
>>48614
Doesn't surprise me. The show went bonkers in the end.
>> No.48621  
>>48620
What? The ending was great. I thought the problem was that it took too long to get the plot going.

I wish they would've dropped the school treasure hunt episodes and finished conquering the world instead.
>> No.48622  
>>48621
My problem is that the show couldn't decide on a consistent tone. Like I already said in the Winter 2013 thread.
>It's a good thing they serious'd it up but they could have paced it better. It's like they flipped a switch from funny slapfights and hijinks to gritty, no-holds-barred combat.
Did they at least go through with Odins betrayal, their flashback melodrama and characters dying? No, instead we go back again, surprise marriage between enemies, have doofus knock down armed troops with a flyswatter through their helmets and we forgive Gasmask#2 for his treason. But worry not, he didn't escape unscathed. He doesn't get dinner for a week as punishment. How funny!


File: huniepop__beli_and_jessie_by_kaskianiohchan-d6psxur.jpg -(569.8 KB, 933x700) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
583476 No.48551   [Reply]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcGPYxpPt6Q

Dem gaijins are trying to emulate glorious nippon


File: Autumn2013.jpg -(8257.8 KB, 1920x7832) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
8455958 No.47120   [Reply]
New thread for the autumn season, because the other one is a fucking disgrace.
356 posts and 161 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No.48481  
>>48478
Kill la kill just ended though?
>> No.48510  
File: [sage] Gundam Build Fighters - 25 [720p][10bit][66561874].mkv_snapshot_22.03_[2014.04.04_20.05.02].jpg -(113.8 KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
116548
>>48481

shows are sorted by when they start airing, not when they end.

Every show on that chart, including the 2cours are from the season before last.
>> No.48570  
File: [HorribleSubs] Samurai Flamenco - 22 [720p].mkv_snapshot_14.40_[2014.04.11_13.01.49].jpg -(55.3 KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
56646
Just got around to finishing Samumenco. What a stupidly gay show, what a stupid resolution, I don't know why I stuck around through the whole thing.

Pic related might be right up some bunbun's alley, though.
>> No.48847  
File: [HorribleSubs] Hajime no Ippo - Rising - 22 [720p].mkv_snapshot_05.31_[2014.03.08_15.20.02].jpg -(111.1 KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
113814
Rising's last arc is a part of Ippo's manga that I am particularly fond of, and thankfully it was handled beautifully. I'm really glad Satoshi Nishimura came back to direct these episodes. Sadly, the rest of this third season was disappointing. I tried overlooking the things they changed and skipped, because I really wanted to enjoy it. I waited a long time for this! Sadly it came to a point where every episode would leave me wondering why they made certain decisions. After New Challenger and Rising, I think I'm satisfied. There are more fights I'd like to see animated but it doesn't seem like Madhouse can bring back together a team capable of handling this manga.

Kenji Utsumi, Ichiro Nagai, Seizou Katou, thank you for the good memories, rest in peace.

Also finished Kill la Kill, mediocre from beginning to end.

>>48570

Last episode was a good source of laughter for me. Good show, I struggled through Flamrangers but enjoyed most of it.

I probably would have enjoyed Samumenco a lot more if I was more familiar with toku. More than being full of random twists, it felt like they wanted to explore every take on the genre, but since I'm so ignorant of it I can't really say. Perhaps it'd be good to rewatch it after I immerse myself in the world of toku.
>> No.49690  
So if its belonging enough for ballistic combat, it willingly right impersonate good enough for us everyday non-combantants. Oakley erect is second to none and to further lock up its stamp as a leading brand, Oakley has even integrated bluetooth technology from Motorola into its sunglasses on the RAZRWIRE Bluetooth Eyewear model.
http://www.chourmo.it/public/nikeairmax/fa96lrcl.asp


File: e1f24af54d02628f2eacc64089ac1844[1].jpg_1417832 -(291.9 KB, 800x850) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
298904 No.39608   [Reply]
There's at least... four people watching Smile Precure here? Anyway, that's like half of /bun/'s active population.
349 posts and 185 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No.48202  
What's the difference?
>> No.48206  
>>48202

the new stages introduce new main characters (who are promptly forgotten after the movie ends, even between the new stage movies) and have all of the cures that show up mostly be side characters.

Note that I have no issue with that premise, but the execution is terrible; I really don't enjoy sitting through 45 mins. of the writers introducing and attempting to flesh out a new set of characters when it's done so half-assed when the only enjoyable section is the last 15 mins where the cures show up, deliver 1-2 lines each (if any) and then go through the motions of their combo attacks and big finale group mega combination attack.

The DX series is enjoyable because it is just the cures (who each have 1 full year of character development under their belts) interacting with each other in entertaining ways, with perhaps 5-15 mins of fleshing out the big bad so the movie would have a plot.
And with DX 3, the writers executed it flawlessly to the point where it is tied for best precure movie to date.
>> No.48222  
>>48206
>>And with DX 3, the writers executed it flawlessly to the point where it is tied for best precure movie to date.

Which is the other best?
>> No.48235  
>>48222
Max Heart movie 2.
>> No.48319  
File: [Doremi].Happiness.Charge.Precure.06.[1280x720].[DE9450B1].mkv_snapshot_03.04_[2014.03.10_19.06.45].jpg -(72.9 KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
74633
>>48206
>(who are promptly forgotten after the movie ends, even between the new stage movies)

Well, shit. I'll eat my own words there.
Not saying that alone means the movie will be good, but it's hopefully not going to be as bad as the other two new stages.


File: c58c023e1b9fd9c6926e1982e6777824[1].jpg -(325.8 KB, 1280x860) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
333662 No.48070   [Reply]
26,601 *4 Infinite Stratos 2 [DVD+BD]: 2013/10/30
13,137 *4 Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio -Ars Nova- [DVD+BD]: 2013/12/27
*9,727 *2 Kill la Kill [DVD+BD]: 2014/01/08
*9,613 *4 Non Non Biyori [DVD+BD]: 2013/12/25
*6,370 *2 Yowamushi Pedal [DVD+BD]: 2013/12/20
*6,253 *2 Kyoukai no Kanata: 2014/01/08
*5,800 *1 Machine Doll wa Kizutsukanai [DVD+BD]: 2013/12/25
*3,855 *1 Kakumeiki Valvrave season 2 [DVD+BD]: 2013/12/25
*3,374 *1 White Album 2 [DVD+BD]: 2013/12/25
*3,010 *1 Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~ [DVD+BD]: 2013/12/18
*2,914 *5 Nagi no Asukara [DVD+BD]: 2013/12/20
- - - - - - - - - - - Manabi Line (2,899) - - - - - - - - - - -
*2,565 1 Magi: The Kingdom of Magic [DVD+BD]: 2014/01/22
*2,169 1 Teekyuu 3 [BD]: 2014/01/24
*2,056 *1 Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. [DVD+BD]: 2013/12/27
Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
>> No.48071  
RIP Samumenco
>> No.48072  
> Gingitsune deserves better than this.
It really does. Too bad it didn't cater to the groups that really spend money on these things.
>> No.48073  
>26,601 *4 Infinite Stratos 2 [DVD+BD]: 2013/10/30
I knew Japan wouldn't let us down.

Does anyone remember how did the first season sell?
>> No.48079  
>>48073
~30k as well, I think slightly more.
Nips eat this shit up.
>> No.48098  
>>48079
They sure do love eating shit.


File: 2efdeb7892820a4ae8279a2100b69598[1].jpg -(257.9 KB, 959x700) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
264131 No.47193   [Reply]
28,852 *2 Free! [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/11
12,384 *3 Brothers Conflict [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/21
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 10,000 Line - - - - - - - - - - - - -
*9,024 *1 High School DxD NEW [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/25
*6,650 *3 Dangan Ronpa [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/28
*5,978 *1 Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma Illya [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/27 [●]
*5,645 *1 Kin-iro Mosaic [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/25 [●]
*5,375 *3 Servant x Service [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/21
*3,691 *1 Love Lab [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/20
- - - - - - - - - - - Manabi Line (2,899) - - - - - - - - - - -
*2,624 *1 Kimi ni Iru machi [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/25 [●]
*2,601 *1 Gin no Saji [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/18
*2,370 *1 Makai Ouji devils and realist [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/18
*2,072 *2 Rozen Maiden (2013) [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/30 [●]
**,908 *1 Fantasista Doll [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/20 [●]
Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
30 posts and 6 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No.48045  
>>48043

considering how popular KlK is on pixiv (over 10k submissions so far) I figured it would have sold way more.
>> No.48046  
>>48043
Gingitsune sales is breaking my heart ;_;
>> No.48047  
>>48044
I just copy these from http://animetotalsales.blogspot.com/ who copies it off some guy on the ANN forums who copies it off some guy on futaba.
>> No.48049  
>>48043
>*2. 13,137 Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio
What the fuck, how? Am I reading this right?

It's gotta be the Kancolle tie-in, isn't it?
>> No.48065  
>>48049
Yes.


Delete Post []
Password
[0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16]