/general/ | /photos/ | /projects/

- [Home] [Catalog] [Search] [Thread List] [Manage]

Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Link
Subject [
Comment
File [
Verification
Password (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 12000 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.

No.8989   [Reply]
Test
>> No.8998  
updating
>> No.8999  
asd
>> No.9002  
test
>> No.9062  
Set up a server on your home PC and test there.
That way when you screw up, /bun/ isn't offline for the evening.


File: 3423684.jpg -(122.4 KB, 512x512) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
125363 No.8964   [Reply]
6 posts and 6 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No.8971  
File: 2282343.jpg -(133.9 KB, 550x1017) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
137071
>> No.8972  
File: 5003113.jpg -(389.2 KB, 625x860) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
398507
>> No.8973  
File: 8973420.jpg -(142.0 KB, 400x460) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
145413
>> No.8974  
File: 2322187.jpg -(260.0 KB, 600x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
266218
>> No.8975  
File: 4553145.jpg -(81.3 KB, 568x447) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
83209


File: 1247666759508.png -(305.4 KB, 450x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
312773 No.8937   [Reply]
Alright, I need some help from the 90s anime crowd.
Last night I had a dream about an old show I saw back in the day on Sci-Fi (The Britfag one) and I can't for the life of me remember the name of it.
It starts with this team of about 5 people arriving at this slightly old style town for some reason (I believe they are were kind of mercenary group or something) and they end up staying at this large mansion-esque hotel.
Anyway, one of the female members (who I think was the main protagonist) keeps having visions/getting visited in the night by a giant black cat, like a panther or something (she also has a dream about it killing her, I think). I remember at one point she ended chasing it over the rooftops.
Don't remember much else, besides the fact that the whole town turns into zombies or something similar and they end up fighting them off, a few of the team die I seem to remember (one guy was really fond of explosions, I seem to remember, I think he dies.)
Any idea of which show I'm thinking of?
>> No.8938  
And it's not Gatchman or anything bright and flashy like that.
It was pretty gritty and realistic (well, you know what I mean) and had a fair amount of gore.
>> No.8942  
>>8938
Lily C.A.T?
>> No.8951  
>>8942
It isn't, but that's close.
>> No.8976  
Looks like I'm going to have to buy a VCR player and go through all my old tapes.
Fuck yeah.
>> No.9145  
For anyone interested, I dug out a VCR player and found the show: it was called GoShogun: The Time Étranger.


File: 1259986647012.gif -(29.5 KB, 296x289) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
30187 No.8920   [Reply]
Nintendo Power held a constant, where the winner would get their own very secret room in The Legend of Zelda, a Link to the Past. The winner was Chris Houlihan, and such, the Chris Houlihan Room was added into the American release.

The intended method for reaching it is to load a save game in the light world, start at the sanctuary, then run to the castle and drop into the secret entrance you use at the start of the game as fast as possible.

People also found other method that were a bit more random. Eventually, the trick was found out. The room wasn't just a secret area, it was a fail-safe for when the player dropped into a hole and the game couldn't determine where to place him.

There was a bug in the original Japanese release where players would sometimes fall into a hole and the game would freeze. By telling the game to drop the player in the Chris Houlihan Room if it couldn't determine where to drop the player, they made a pseudo bug fix.

This "fix" was later added into the Japanese revisions as the "Top Secret Room," and later remakes of the American version would have the room's name changed to this as well.
2 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No.8934  
In German musical nomenclature, there is a "H" note. It replaces B natural, and B flat becomes B.

For example, the C major scale goes: C D E F G A H C

Why would they do this?
http://tonalsoft.com/enc/g/german-h.aspx
>> No.8939  
>>8925
I think so.

For a unrelated question, there's no way to remove Tewi White I'm guessing?
>> No.8940  
>>8939
Upper right. Newfag.
>> No.8946  
>>8940
The title will wear off eventually.
>> No.8947  
>>8946

Heh, I'm joking.


File: 34.gif -(2.0 KB, 156x146) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
2035 No.8915   [Reply]
I've been kinda wondering this for some time, but how do you draw a lower case lambda?
Mine are basically gimmel and while that's understandable, they don't look like the pretty lambdas you might see in textbooks.
I would imitate a professor's handwriting but it seems one of the qualifications to teach at my university is to have horrible handwriting.
>> No.8916  
File: lamda.png -(21.9 KB, 262x345) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
22466
Well, this is the way I do it. A slight rise and down a downward stroke followed by a diagonal slash from right to left. I don't know why you care about printed fonts, A~. No one I now does this --> a. Just do upside-down y's if you have to.
>> No.8930  
Who's A~?
I just feel that if you're going to do something, you should do it right, and that extends to foreign language handwriting.
>> No.8931  
>>8930
Ah, I googled gimmel and just assumed~ I still stand by what I said though, but if you insist on doing things right, I guess there's no helping it.
>> No.8952  
>>8916
I started writing letter a that way relatively recently because I find them visually appealing. Didn't take as long to get used to them as I thought it'd take. My handwriting is terrible though, so any kind of a will look bad when I'm the one writing it.


File: Yoohoo.jpg -(103.6 KB, 789x834) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
106114 No.8846   [Reply]
I remember this being posted and thought it was a bit fun even though it is very limited. Use it to create whatever (though comment on what you're creating). You can make your desired waifu, a moe-feminization of yourself, your arch-nemesis/stalker. Do whatever.

For this image, I don't really know where I was going with it. She's just a random girl. At first, I wanted to do something with the tears/smile, but then after the pupils, I wanted to do a piercing stare-type situation. Now, I don't know what she's doing.

Sidenote: the creator really needs to add arrows or something. Having to go all the way back to a previous setting is annoying. Perhaps a button to make the menu recede as well. Oh well...

Link: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs46/f/2009/232/a/0/Create_A_Character___Female_V_by_Crysa.swf
13 posts and 10 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No.8902  
File: Mizore.jpg -(267.4 KB, 746x785) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
273801
and Mizore
>> No.8908  
File: untitled.JPG -(31.4 KB, 441x490) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
32103
Tried Remilia. Okay despite lack of hat, I guess.
>> No.8923  
File: aaa.jpg -(78.4 KB, 631x661) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
80245
>> No.8924  
File: 1421129.jpg -(40.4 KB, 270x450) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
41372
>>8887

Correct.
>> No.8929  
>>8923

Nice boat? You lost me.


File: Nagato-Yuki-1.png -(1062.8 KB, 591x2048) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
1088354 No.8889   [Reply]
Hello /bun/
>> No.8891  
Hello, boring character from a boring anime based on a boring book.
>> No.8892  
>>8891

What? I'm not Misaki-chan!
>> No.8894  
>>8892
You take that back you motherfucker
>> No.8897  
File: waifufight.jpg -(127.7 KB, 346x605) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
130799
>> No.8898  
>>8892
Hey, the novel wasn't boring.


File: 1270263992486.jpg -(120.7 KB, 435x640) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
123611 No.8848   [Reply]
Happy birthday Jonaさん!
22 posts and 22 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No.8871  
File: 1270402556444.png -(217.6 KB, 480x640) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
222847
>> No.8872  
File: 1270403589076.jpg -(43.8 KB, 300x300) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
44835
>> No.8873  
File: 1270403929185.jpg -(71.5 KB, 500x329) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
73192
>> No.8874  
File: 1270404484868.jpg -(123.7 KB, 1166x505) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
126686
Hope your day is full of bizarre adventures.
>> No.10725  
this is a test


File: Love_Hina_vol12_156[BYAAAH].jpg -(269.7 KB, 802x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
276175 No.8273   [Reply]
>>24979

Evolution can occur via the old method of natural selection. However, with human technology we can purposefully alter our DNA.

The only problem is that we people are uncomfortable with altering our own DNA to improve our chances for survival.

This is getting tangential, but this is why I think this is true. All animals wish to guarantee the survival and passing down of their own DNA. Their own. If we humans change our DNA to be more successful, then the organism whose chances of survival has improved is the altered-human, not normal-humans. We're creating a competitor who is more powerful than us! And thats bad!

I believe that humans will continue to work towards that biological goal of 'increasing chances of survival and passing down genes' by altering things that are NOT their DNA, until we get over ourselves with that issue. Things like enhanced technology, getting better at exercise, learning more, and others.

As a species, we are afraid of introducing a genetically-different variety of human that will outcompete us. It might be why we see genetic manipulation as 'inherentally unethical'. I know that I would be positively afraid if a superior human variety would outcompete me and my children.
Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
2 posts and 1 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No.8278  
File: 379efd842e924ee7e9cba7f96f600b25.jpg -(111.8 KB, 575x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
114496
Yes, they already genetically modify plants. Many people are still afraid of genetical modification of plants, though.

Yes, people breed animals. But that is a completely different thing than genetically modifying them. Genetical modification in animals is still widely seen as unethical.

Therefore, your argument is still incorrect, because genetical modification of animals is considered unethical even if there's no risk or fear of creating a superior species that way.

Therefore, your argument is invalid, and both of your posts here are futile.

/thread
>> No.8292  
>>8278
Selective breeding, especially for traits solely useful to humans, is a form of genetic alteration.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_selection

People are afraid of genetic manipulation of plants and animals and humans, but more are afraid of, or people are more afraid of, genetically modifying humans, despite good reasons to do so. The evidence: people utilise genetically modified animals and plants worldwide, but not genetically modified humans.
>> No.8305  
I think people are afraid of genetic alternation of food plants because it ruins genetic variety (at least the way it's done right now) thus increasing the risk of infestation by pests.

Or that's just me.
>> No.8312  
>>8305
Thats the same as a number of people, but your average person isn't going to care about that. They're more likely to be scared simply because its alien. Altering humans is even more alien.
>> No.8675  
>Therefore, your argument is invalid, and both of your posts here are futile.
I disagree.

If you want to talk about futily, I think your efforts to prematurely end discussion on a discussion board simply because you disagree demonstrate futility at its finest.

Just because you can't wrap your head around OP's concept doesn't mean no one else wants to discuss it.


No.8221   [Reply]
I feel a bit embarrassed to be asking this, but all the usual sites are turning up nothing. Does anyone know where I can download some of the earlier seasons of Pokemon? I've been feeling nostalgic recently and want to rewatch it, but TT and Perfect Dark only have the newest episodes. BakaBT has all the season, but they are unfortunately dubbed.
12 posts and 1 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No.8295  
>>8294
Ouch. I know it's the obvious answer, but have you thought about upgrading? An extra gig of RAM and a slightly newer processor would improve your machine by quite a large margin.
>> No.8296  
>>8295
I'd simply build a new one from scratch, but only after I'd actually earned some money. Digging into financial reserves just for entertainment isn't so cool.

By the way, I'm now watching the first episode out of the torrent; it seems I can play it fine, the out-of-synchness is either only for short moments, or I'm imagining it.
Thanks to the anon who provided it!
>> No.8297  
>>8296
Oh, and sorry for complaining in the first place.
>> No.8298  
File: 1255966159005.jpg -(124.9 KB, 570x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
127894
>>8296
No worries.

>>8297
You lost me.
>> No.8302  
Oh wow, I don't know how your machine has trouble with that. My terrible old laptop (bless her heart) doesn't have any trouble playing high quality animu, with half the ram and two thirds the processor power.


Delete Post []
Password
[0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] [75] [76] [77] [78] [79] [80] [81] [82] [83] [84] [85] [86] [87]