/general/ | /photos/ | /projects/

- [Home] [Catalog] [Search] [Thread List] [Manage]

[Return]
Posting mode: Reply
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Link
Subject [
Comment
File
Password (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 12000 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File: Summer.jpg -(3548.6 KB, 1848x10666) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
3633724 No.61325  
The new season is starting today.
>> No.61327  
Where are all the idol animes? Where are all the vtuber animes?
I thought that's all japs care about (other than the 12yos that love isekai)
>> No.61328  
File: 24e9836f54882101676a75922c476570.png -(1300.0 KB, 1447x2046) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
1331223
>>61327
You've got Love Live Superstar, the new Idolish7 and Tsukipro 2 if you want to watch the same story again. Really, for all the criticism isekai gets the genre has tons more variety than idol garbage, even if nearly every isekai has the same core premise.
>> No.61330  
>>61327
I hope they never make another vtuber anime. I want that cancer to die more than anything else.

>>61328
As someone who enjoys both fantasy and harem anime, isekai (particularly adaptations of Narou novels) are much worse at both of those things than more traditional attempts at the genres even if isekai have more variety. The main selling point of a harem should be first and foremost the girls which adaptations of both eroge and harem manga do well. Narou novels on the other hand do this poorly because the author is not thinking about the audience, he is just writing his own personal self insert story. This is shown in how long it takes for the girls to show up. Many isekai shows will waste the entire first episode not showing any of the girls and instead focus on the mc (the authors self insert) jacking off over how overpowered they are. The fantasy elements frequently suffer as well, all isekai have to have the isekai element tacked and would have had stronger world building without it. Combined with the over-reliance on using video game mechanics makes the world feel fake. Making the worlds like video games can work for parody/comedy, but breaks any suspension of disbelief when trying to do a serious story.
>> No.61331  
>>61330
I personally find that the fantasy part spices up the harem story in a nice way; typical high school harems always seem a bit boring to me, possibly because eroge do the same thing much better (in the common route at least; I tend to like common routes more than character routes). At the same time, the harem focus tends to make the fantasy story more comfy, with the protagonists mainly fucking around rather than being caught up in serious matters all the time. (Non-isekai comfy fantasy stories like Endro are great too, but they're very rare.)

I also seem to just like stories about characters revolutionizing/disrupting their environment by being 'ahead of their time' whether on a large scale or a small scale. It doesn't necessary have to be isekai (Dr. Stone for example is not isekai even though it does have similarities) but isekai lends itself to it particularly well, with the protagonist coming from a more advanced society and having the luck/OPness/plot bullshit to actually make changes. For example, 'The Master of Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar' gets tons of hate and it certainly is trashy, but I love how it shows a protagonist using much more modern military tactics and technology in an iron age setting.
>> No.61332  
File: [HorribleSubs] Log Horizon - 18 [720p].mkv_snapshot_07.53_[2014.02.01_13.42.15].jpg -(47.7 KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
48808
>>61330
>Making the worlds like video games can work for parody/comedy, but breaks any suspension of disbelief when trying to do a serious story.

Suspension of disbelief has nothing to do with the seriousness of the story. There are a few series that can do it with a serious story. well, one, anyhow that's not the point.

The issues come with the lack of effort put into Fantasy aspects. They want to write a generic harem with a fantasy twist, and then the fantasy stuff gets reduced to a 1-gimmic addition to a stereotype for each of the characters, or they start breaking the rules that were set up as the author gets too into stroking their own penis through the self-insert character to give a shit about the fantasy world that the series is supposed to be set in.

>> No.61333  
>>61331
>fantasy part spices up the harem story
That can be done without the isekai part and the fantasy elements would be stronger for it.

>with the protagonist coming from a more advanced society and having the luck/OPness/plot bullshit to actually make changes
That just comes off as self masturbation of the author to me. I didn't care for Dr. Stone for the same reason.

>>61332
I wasn't thinking of shows that are actually set in a video game like Log Horizon when I made the complaint about game mechanics. The spider show from last season was fresh in my memory and more what that complaint was about.

>Suspension of disbelief has nothing to do with the seriousness of the story.
I disagree with this. Comedies have a much lower bar for suspension of disbelief as the comedy can be derived from the absurdity of a situation or breaking the 4th wall. For example the Road Runner choosing to ignore gravity while Wiley Coyote falls isn't a problem, but if the Christopher Nolan's versions of Batman had a scene where the Joker just ignores gravity at Batman's expense it would ruin the whole movie. Granted I am not saying it is completely impossible for something with a more serious tone to pull off, just that creating a serious story raises the bar for suspension of disbelief.
>> No.61336  
File: 1479652990227.jpg -(134.5 KB, 764x764) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
137702
Isekai is mostly just shit for two reasons: the mary sue protag and the low effort copypasta setting which only exists to be conquered by the protag. Nothing wrong with a fish out of water story that doesn't fellate the main character at every turn, apart from the probability of such existing in anime being zero.

>>61331
>I also seem to just like stories about characters revolutionizing/disrupting their environment by being 'ahead of their time' whether on a large scale or a small scale.
This has always felt like a bad fanfiction trope to me. But that is probably a bigger diss to me than to isekai.

>>61333
The Dark Knight movies were a serious take on a cartoon, but they still had a cartoon story and required a lot of suspension of disbelief for their plots to make any sense. The Joker might not have had magical antigravity powers but his plans sure required magical thinking.
>> No.61340  
File: [Hiryuu] Dog Days 08 [BD Hi10P 1280x720 H264 AAC] [CF0F01AC].mkv_snapshot_00.00.186.jpg -(158.1 KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
161925
>>61333
>That can be done without the isekai part
It could be done. But they never do that in other harem series. If isekai is the only genre doing that stuff, I'll just take what I can get.

>For example the Road Runner choosing to ignore gravity while Wiley Coyote falls isn't a problem
The joke is precisely that suspension of disbelief gets broken. Something happens that you assumed could not happen, which is unexpected and therefore funny. (Then it follows up on that by contradicting this 'new fact' they set up by having the rules apply to Wile E Coyote even though you thought they no longer applied.) If the Road Runner were to walk in midair during the setup of a joke rather than as a punchline, the whole thing would be ruined. It's only funny because suspension of disbelief is kept until the punchline.

>if the Christopher Nolan's versions of Batman had a scene where the Joker just ignores gravity at Batman's expense it would ruin the whole movie.
Batman is pretty low in magical bullshit for a superhero movie, but superhero movies tend to have all kinds of bullshit magical powers thrown around as if it were completely normal. The same goes for traditional fantasy settings; if someone in Fire Emblem transforms into a dragon, you go "oh, that person had dragon blood?" rather than going "that can't be real, dragons don't exist and even if they did people can't transform into them". Rules are laid out at the start of the story and as a viewer/player/reader you are expected to accept those basic rules suspend your disbelief on those aspects. The world being like a video game is one such basic rule. Now, if the rules change halfway through the story, like if people start using magic without there being any prior hints that magic exists in the setting, or someone pulls up an admin panel despite there not being any sci-fi hints, that's on the author for breaking the audience's suspension of disbelief. But if you refuse to accept the starting premise for being too silly, that's on you; at that point you're not even trying to enjoy the story, and you can't blame the author for that. As >>61332 implicitly pointed out, even a very silly premise can still make for a good story, but no story will ever be good if you're simply unwilling to suspend your disbelief.

(Not to mention that isekai is usually closer to comedy than to serious stories - that's part of what I like about them.)

>>61336
>the low effort copypasta setting
While many of them build on typical fantasy tropes (especially traditional JRPG tropes), the vast majority give their own spin on it and they typically have unique takes on various elements. In that sense, they have far more variety than the JRPG settings they were inspired by. There are various things you can fault isekai for, but lack of setting variety is not one of them. Especially not in a discussion that started by comparing isekai harems to high school harems.
>> No.61341  
>>61340
>If the Road Runner were to walk in midair during the setup of a joke rather than as a punchline, the whole thing would be ruined. It's only funny because suspension of disbelief is kept until the punchline.
I find part of the humor to be the absurdity of the road runner being able to walk out on thin air even without Wile E. Coyote falling. The mental image of Joker walking out on air had me giggling while I was typing it. This difference between our opinions probably has to due with the subjectivity of humor.

As for what I was trying to getting at with comedy having a lower bar for maintaining suspension of disbelief is that a comedy does not need any further explanation. It can just pull a fuck you that's why, where as things with a serious tone require more effort by putting in an explanation i.e. having a higher bar for suspension of disbelief.

>Rules are laid out at the start of the story and as a viewer/player/reader you are expected to accept those basic rules suspend your disbelief on those aspects.
First some rules can be self contradictory without any additional information and second what is generally consider good fiction requires well thought out rules that takes consideration of the details. Good writing comes from showing not telling and showing is done through the details. The initial premise should be able to stand think about how it fits into the world. There is a big difference between discarding anything slightly unrealistic/silly and completely turning off you brain to just accepting anything.

I will use Kumo Desu ga, Nanika as an example of what's wrong with many isekais. Only the characters that have been isekaied the ability to see H.U.D. that shows the general information about how the world works including stats, skill and exp. No other character appears aware of any of the underlying principles that supposedly governed how this works. There is an elderly mage teaching at a prestigious school for literal kings that thinks repeatedly shooting water at a target that doesn't give exp will improve the students skills. This mage apparently lived his entire life and became a master of his craft without understanding how magic is improved. No thought was placed in to what this word was like outside of the main characters or before they arrived. The video game mechanics were added solely because it was a trope. How does that make good world building? This issue is inherent to anything that tries to give a "real" world game mechanics. Trying to superimpose video game mechanics to a "real" world will fail because they weren't designed to be taken literally. When I am playing a jrpg the characters aren't actually lining up in a straight line and taking turns hitting each other. This is an abstraction of what is actually happening for the game aspect of the game to take place. These abstractions like stats, skills, H.U.D., etc. don't have the thought behind them to develop internally consistent lore when remapped to a "real" world.

>Not to mention that isekai is usually closer to comedy than to serious stories
Keeping with using Kumo Desu ga, Nanika as an example, large parts of it are meant to be taken seriously even if it does have comedy in it. For the record I'm not a fan of the comedy in it and I think a lot of it gives tonal whiplash. Having a super "quirky" spider say "oopsie, I accidentawwy stawrted a war thawt cauwsed a genowcide TeeHee" while human character are shown responding seriously just comes across as tone deaf.

>It could be done. But they never do that in other harem series.
Never is a strong word. For example Goblin Slayer is a fantasy and harem series that does both those things very well in my opinion.
>> No.61342  
>>61341
I haven't watched the spider isekai as it came off as too gimmicky and I figured it would lean too much towards cheap comedy rather than comfy adventures, so maybe the things you're saying are true for that series. But for most series...

>No thought was placed in to what this word was like outside of the main characters or before they arrived. The video game mechanics were added solely because it was a trope. How does that make good world building? This issue is inherent to anything that tries to give a "real" world game mechanics. Trying to superimpose video game mechanics to a "real" world will fail because they weren't designed to be taken literally. When I am playing a jrpg the characters aren't actually lining up in a straight line and taking turns hitting each other. This is an abstraction of what is actually happening for the game aspect of the game to take place. These abstractions like stats, skills, H.U.D., etc. don't have the thought behind them to develop internally consistent lore when remapped to a "real" world.
My experience is the complete opposite; one of the things I like in many isekai is how they justify the elements that were complete abstractions or just nonsensical in JRPGs. Log Horizon is of course the best example, but you've also got things like How Not To Summon A Demon Lord where the protagonist eventually realizes that the reason everyone has such low levels (and they're aware of levels in-universe) is because they cannot respawn and will therefore not seek out the danger required to level up further, as that would be too dangerous. In this season's Realist Hero (ep1 was just intro, not sure if it'll be any good yet) we have the typical 'monsters overrun the land' scenario...but rather than focusing on monster slaying, it shows the diplomatic consequences of other countries depending on the border country to keep the monsters at bay. I really like when series show the aspects of fantasy universes we usually don't see, and it's rare for anything other than isekai to do so.

I especially like when proper in-universe rules interact with the modern knowledge the protagonist brings, like how enchanting in The Wise Man's Grandchild involves writing magical runes on items and the number of runes they can write is limited, but the protagonist's ability to write kanji allows him to put many more enchantments on the same item (as those 'runes' have a higher information density). (You may wonder "why didn't anybody else come up with that", but if you look at real history it's surprisingly full of "how did nobody try that before" innovations; in practice often people did try but ended up not succeeding for some reason or another. Hell, we could have had computers a hundred years earlier if things had worked out just a tiny bit differently. People with modern knowledge are "standing on the shoulders of giants" as people tend to say, which make it not unreasonable for the protagonists to bring such revolutionary changes.)

Isekai has also been around long enough that some settings even specifically address isekai quirks in the lore. For example, Death March actually explains how it works from that world's perspective when people get isekai'd, and in addition to the protagonist who just got put there as an adolescent (which is explicitly a mysterious occurrence in-universe) there's also a main character who got reincarnated and, more interestingly, a descendant of someone who got isekai'd two generations ago.

Most isekai don't address all the quirks, in the same way most fantasy settings don't have an explanation about how and why magic works. But the vast majority do consider and elaborate on at least some of the quirks which - in my opinion - does lead to interesting settings.

>This mage apparently lived his entire life and became a master of his craft without understanding how magic is improved.
Doctors cut patients to 'bleed the disease out' for pretty much the entire medieval era even though that just caused more disease. You'd be surprised how many consecutive generations can continue to work in a field and accept established theories even though they're complete and utter bullshit.

>I find part of the humor to be the absurdity of the road runner being able to walk out on thin air even without Wile E. Coyote falling.
But why is it absurd? The Road Runner also takes off from complete standstill into an immediate velocity of at least 80 km/h, likely far more, even though no roadrunner has ever been confirmed to run faster than 43 km/h. His speed is just as nonsensical as his gravity-defying powers, yet the unrealistic speed doesn't make you laugh while walking on air does. It's because the latter breaks your suspension of disbelief, and therein lies the humor, while the former is simply accepted under suspension of disbelief. The difference between comedy and serious stories is that breaking the suspension of disbelief is beneficial for what the former is trying to do, while it's harmful for the latter. It would be hilarious if the Joker started walking in midair to chase Batman, but the scene is not intended to be hilarious. But even for comedy, to break suspension of disbelief, you must first create and maintain a consistent set of rules to establish your audience's expectations, before going against those expectations.

>where as things with a serious tone require more effort by putting in an explanation i.e. having a higher bar for suspension of disbelief.
It really depends on the style. For a drama story, you don't want to suddenly see someone outrunning a train to stay with his departing lover. But things like the 'rule of cool' exists, and as long as the start of the story communicates that every character has implausible skills, there's no problem with Courier driving up walls with his bike in Akudama Drive, even though it's a serious story. The only important part is that the story stays within the bounds it has defined - Doctor can patch up even the most lethal of injuries, but when a character gets lethally injured without Doctor being there to help we get an actual death, and they cannot come back to life. As long as the story doesn't cross that line, people can't blame the author for their unwillingness to suspend their disbelief. (And yes, sadly even for Akudama Drive there were people complaining about how unrealistic things were even though from the very first episode they established clear expectations and boundaries.)

>For example Goblin Slayer is a fantasy and harem series that does both those things very well in my opinion.
It definitely does fantasy well, and it's one of the very few pure fantasy series that highlight an aspect of the setting usually not covered (even though it's still purely adventurer-focused, the focus on 'small fry' and the problems they cause is quite refreshing). But his harem? It's not a goblin, and that's the only thing he ever says about that. He has two female companions plus two others lusting after him, but there is zero romantic or even pseudo-romantic interaction. Hell, there is effectively no interaction between them outside of business in general. Harem means more than just that females exist; there needs to be some degree of interaction between them and the protagonist. Hell, I don't even care that much about the romance aspect itself; just let them do anything outside of just standing there and occasionally doing as the protagonist says. If Goblin Slayer is supposed to be a harem, it completely and utterly fails at it.
>> No.61345  
File: Harem antics.jpg -(997.7 KB, 2000x893) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
1021670
>>61342
>Log Horizon is of course the best example
I wasn't speaking about setting that actually take place in a game like Log Horizon, .Hack, Accel World, etc. it makes sense for those to have game mechanics and I don't consider that a "real" world setting.
See:
>I wasn't thinking of shows that are actually set in a video game like Log Horizon when I made the complaint about game mechanics

I haven't watched How Not To Summon A Demon Lord, Realist Hero or The Wise Man's Grandchild, so I cannot comment on them too much.

>You may wonder "why didn't anybody else come up with that", but if you look at real history it's surprisingly full of "how did nobody try that before" innovations; in practice often people did try but ended up not succeeding for some reason or another. Hell, we could have had computers a hundred years earlier if things had worked out just a tiny bit differently. People with modern knowledge are "standing on the shoulders of giants" as people tend to say, which make it not unreasonable for the protagonists to bring such revolutionary changes.)
Pictorial writing like Kanji is some of the oldest method of writing. It is what we are standing on when we look at modern forms of writing. Further more things aren't always just modern equals better. For example all modern military tactics revolve around having radio communication/mass communication. If trying to implement modern strategy into a setting were it would take hours to days to both deliver orders and receive updated information, it would fail horrible. Things like camouflage would inhibit being able to tell ally from enemy in melee combat which is why it wasn't widely incorporated into medieval military routines. Not to mention issues that most people won't think of because they aren't an issue in a modern settings, like the traction your shoes have on all surfaces. Terrain that is safe to traverse with out much thought with modern footwear could leave your entire army on their asses in medieval settings. Modern improvements made by the marry sue protagonist frequently just boil down to them saying "just crop rotate, forehead" without thought what crops are need to rotate, how to obtain those crops, and whether the framers have the tools to farm the new crops. Part of the reason crop rotation didn't exist through most of history is because farmers didn't have access to a wide variety of crops before mass trade. They couldn't even experiment with how different crops effect the soil. The "standing on the shoulders of giants" comes in steps and once the previous step is in place the new steps are actually developed fairly quickly. It's the reason technology advances exponentially. Trying to skip steps isn't going to work and shows a lack of understanding of what "standing on the shoulders of giants" means.

Death March is what is was explicitly thinking about when I said
>Many isekai shows will waste the entire first episode not showing any of the girls and instead focus on the mc (the authors self insert) jacking off over how overpowered they are.
This isn't a realism thing it's just that the mc is boring and I don't care about the authors power fantasies.

>Doctors cut patients to 'bleed the disease out' for pretty much the entire medieval era even though that just caused more disease. You'd be surprised how many consecutive generations can continue to work in a field and accept established theories even though they're complete and utter bullshit.
The analogy doesn't quite work as the doctors were unsuccessful in their practices, where as this mage could actual do magic at a fairly high level. I can also assure you that this wasn't any sort of statement on this by the author as the character's main role was to be killed to show that this world is really dangerous.

I wouldn't describe Akudama Drive as good writing. It's a chuuni show in the derogatory meaning of the word and it does break it's own internal rule set. The doctor doesn't just fix any injury, she fixes them faster than a blink of the eye with super human reflexes. She was capable of sewing her self back together after being bifurcated, but when it came time for her death she was unable to sew a one inch stab to the neck fast enough to avoid being trampled. In typical chuuni fashion charters are OP until the story requires them not to be for edgy death scenes. It does have good art direction though.

>there is zero romantic or even pseudo-romantic interaction. Hell, there is effectively no interaction between them outside of business in general.
That's incorrect see pic. The festival arc was mostly date scenes and characterization.
>But his harem? It's not a goblin, and that's the only thing he ever says about that.
Again see pic. The notion that he only cares about goblin is missing a lot of subtly of his character and what makes the Goblin Slayer series stand out. He had a traumatic experience when he was 10 and then was raised by a mountain hermit who beat him daily from 10 to 15. This left him social stunted, but it does not mean he has no thoughts of the other characters just difficulties expressing them. A big part of why he hunts goblins is to protect others from what happened to him. This in itself is part of how he expresses care for those around him. His whole character arc is learning to be social and move past his fears of making connections with people. It's not practical for goblin hunting to give into Elf's demands of methods not use, but he does it because he cares for her. He also makes changes to his behavior on Priestess's request. These are ways he shows that he cares for more than just goblins. It's just subtle and autistic because that's his character.
>> No.61346  
>>61344
>I wasn't speaking about setting that actually take place in a game like Log Horizon
Log Horizon explicitly does not take place inside a game, but in a world that works the exact same as a game they played including game mechanics (unlike something like .hack or most modern VRMMO series, which do take place inside what is a game to the players rather than a real world that happens to be like it). That's the same as How Not To Summon A Demon Lord, Overlord and pretty much every other 'this works just like a video game' series.

>Pictorial writing like Kanji is some of the oldest method of writing.
And it wasn't in use in medieval Europe or your average fantasy setting; very few people would be aware of the concept of non-phonetic writing.

>Trying to skip steps isn't going to work and shows a lack of understanding of what "standing on the shoulders of giants" means.
Standing on the shoulders of giants means you know about the end result of all those experiments and know the path that eventually led to success. In 1802 the principle of passing electricity through a wire to emit light was demonstrated, but it took almost 80 more years of experimentation before a way was found to make it commercially viable, and it took another 40 years to make them like how we know them today. Knowing how a light bulb works and why it works that way reduces 120 years of experimentation into less than an hour of reading. That's what standing on the shoulders of giants means.

I'll agree with you that innovation works out a bit too conveniently for isekai protagonists and I'd love to see them go through such processes more gradually (failing but getting closer with each failure), but sadly few people are interested in that, so it just gets 'abstracted away', in much the same way your JRPG party isn't going to spend ages recovering from their wounds after a boss fight. (The same goes for hard sci-fi with infodumps about the theory behind the fictional or speculative science; I love it, but most people just aren't interested in reading all that.) The only in-universe innovation you'll see in a 24-minute medium will be of the 'always works out' kind, unless said innovation is the focus of the whole series.

>Part of the reason crop rotation didn't exist through most of history is because farmers didn't have access to a wide variety of crops before mass trade.
Crop rotation has existed for thousands of years. Modern crop rotation didn't exist until relatively recently, but the underlying concepts came from a long string of innovations which can be applied to simpler forms of crop rotation. While modern crop rotation cannot be achieved without sufficient variety of crops, the three-field system was absolutely doable in the Middle Ages but just didn't catch on until the end of the era. If you happen to already know which kinds of crops have which effects on the soil, you can implement basic crop rotation with only medieval means.

>The analogy doesn't quite work as the doctors were unsuccessful in their practices
Contrary to their reputation, doctors were significantly more adept at healing than their peers in the medieval era. They had knowledge of basic medical concepts and knew about herbs that had various effects. They didn't truly understand why the herbs worked, and they had weird misconceptions about what causes illnesses, but they were not generally incompetent. A medieval doctor was much more likely to heal you than to kill you, but bullshit traditions did make them kill people every now and then, and it took them ages to realize bloodletting didn't actually work.

>The doctor doesn't just fix any injury, she fixes them faster than a blink of the eye with super human reflexes. She was capable of sewing her self back together after being bifurcated, but when it came time for her death she was unable to sew a one inch stab to the neck fast enough to avoid being trampled. In typical chuuni fashion charters are OP until the story requires them not to be for edgy death scenes.
She was caught completely off-guard. It's not that she failed in a situation where she had succeeded previously (or was implied to be capable of succeeding in), but she ran into a situation she did not see coming - a first for her. It really shouldn't break your suspension of disbelief that even someone who is nigh-invincible can be defeated in a surprise attack. Had she known a stampede was heading her way she would've stitched herself up sooner and gotten away. (As a reminder, she didn't bleed to death due to failing to heal herself or something like that, she was simply trampled to death and there was no opportunity to heal her fatal injuries before she died.) (Hell, Magical Girl Raising Project does the surprise attack against an 'invincible' character literally as the character whose power is literal immortality (and who had already been killed, burned to cinders and thrown into the sea and still came back) gets killed through a surprise attack in her normal form before she can transform into her immortal form.) Even the weakest caveman could defeat a well-trained modern soldier in top condition if they get the chance to whack the head from behind. It's pretty much a universal rule that anyone can be defeated with the element of surprise.

>That's incorrect see pic. The festival arc was mostly date scenes and characterization.
Maybe the manga is different then. I watched 10 episodes of the anime and the only communication from the protagonist to the others was about practical matters. I fully agree that isekai first episodes suck (which I've mostly discovered by going back and giving shows a second chance after dropping them after the first episode - Death March was indeed one such series), but if it takes more than 10 episodes for the protagonist to admit he even enjoys the presence of his companions (for more than just practical reasons) then that's a really slow start for a harem series.
>> No.61347  
File: Akudama Drive - 10 (BD 1280x720 x264 AAC).mp4_snapshot_20.36_[2021.07.05_23.18.04].jpg -(115.4 KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
118124
>>61346
>And it wasn't in use in medieval Europe or your average fantasy setting; very few people would be aware of the concept of non-phonetic writing.
But it begs the question why people stopped using it in a setting were it had practical use?

>Had she known a stampede was heading her way she would've stitched herself up sooner and gotten away. (As a reminder, she didn't bleed to death due to failing to heal herself or something like that, she was simply trampled to death and there was no opportunity to heal her fatal injuries before she died.)
It shows her slowly struggling to do it with shaking hands and she starts immediately. She had a full minute to fix the stab to her neck before the stampede, in comparison she completely reattached both of Murders legs in less than 20 seconds. Yes, I actually timed it.

>Maybe the manga is different then.
The anime does do it worse. They changed the chronology of events which negatively impacts the character arc story and reduced a lot of the lighter stuff. The festival arc hasn't been adapted yet.
>> No.61363  
File: [Ohys-Raws] Blue Reflection Ray - 13 (BSi 1280x720 x264 AAC).mp4_snapshot_18.32_[2021.07.10_17.40.51].jpg -(102.8 KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
105286
Uta you dumb bitch. Turn the phone horizontally while recording.
>> No.61410  
File: [Ohys-Raws] Megami-ryou no Ryoubo-kun. - 01 (AT-X 1280x720 x264 AAC).mp4_snapshot_00.02_[2021.07.24_05.37.29].jpg -(40.7 KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
41698
Megami-ryou no Ryoubo-kun has uncensored nudity on AT-X.
>> No.61418  
>>61363
maybe shes recording for tiktok
>> No.61474  
File: [SubsPlease] Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei - 02 (1080p) [873F3C9B].mkv_snapshot_08.48_[2021.08.05_20.59.42].jpg -(843.3 KB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
863562
Less of a spin-off series, and more of a retelling where MC-kun is a side character and gets a very, very minor part in the story.

The first half feels like they are rushing through the story, and then stopping to focus on shitty fanservice to drag out scenes because they were rushing too fast earlier.

There's a large focus on the inter-school rivalry competitions, and lots of foreshadowing on other stuff going on the background... which generally gets relegated exclusively to the background and lightly mentioned in the story.

Definately a different perspective on the story, and perhaps not quite for the better so far though I haven't watched any of the original series since it aired, so my memory may be a bit fuzzy on that.
>> No.61557  
File: [SubsPlease] Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei - 12 (1080p) [9D1B6F3C].mkv_snapshot_00.25_[2021.09.18_20.31.46].jpg -(755.1 KB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
773254
>>61474
>There's a large focus on the inter-school rivalry competitions, and lots of foreshadowing on other stuff going on the background... which generally gets relegated exclusively to the background and lightly mentioned in the story.

Now that it's over, I can adjust that to lots of references to other stuff going on in the original story, where the focus here is on the girls competing and then wearing towls and fondling each other in the bath house. There are a lot of references, mostly used as time filler, to the actions that go on in the main story.

Overall, a bit disappointing. I was hoping for more originality from the newly created side characters than 'I CAST BEAM' and the lack of tension in the events with the easily predictable outcomes from the onset wasn't helping things.
>> No.61573  
File: [Ohys-Raws] Kanojo mo Kanojo - 08 (BS6 1280x720 x264 AAC).mp4_snapshot_13.28_[2021.10.01_02.45.56].jpg -(93.3 KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
95564
I caught up on Kanojo mo Kanojo. It's one of the funnier shows I have watched in a while and reminds me a lot of Aho Girl. I hope they uncensor that one scene from episode 11.


Delete Post []
Password