/general/ | /photos/ | /projects/

- [Home] [Catalog] [Search] [Thread List] [Manage]

[Return]
Posting mode: Reply
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Link
Subject [ [
Comment
File
Password (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 9000 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File: 002.jpg -(847.3 KB, 1920x1290) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
867681 No.36562  
Let's build a new bun with lots of love and courage.

Alternative's patch was just released so get some discussion going.
>> No.36563  
File: 12044418.jpg -(178.5 KB, 1070x768) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
182759
My waifu is better than your waifu.
>> No.36567  
File: ___.jpg -(62.8 KB, 300x300) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
64304
>>36563
My wife is yours.
>> No.36569  
>>36563
>>36567
there are people who don't treat sumika as a waifu?
>> No.36570  
File: 2008-01-20-85947.jpeg -(1374.5 KB, 3508x4648) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
1407473
>>36569
Surely such a monster could not exist.
>> No.36578  
>>36570
well there's BEEETAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAs, but they're real mosters so yeah.
I wonder if there was that one BETAAAAAA that tried to fill the gap in sumika's heart with ecstasy out of good will. It sounds like the sort of fucked up thing that's not quite up age's alley though.
>> No.36579  
File: 1312688470242.jpg -(311.8 KB, 1680x1022) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
319291
Improving the thread.
>> No.36584  
File: chomp.jpg -(80.5 KB, 1024x100) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
82446
Marimo ;_;
>> No.36586  
>>36579
Still waiting. Whenever you're ready.
>> No.36594  
File: 8a86aa3303b711b4887a7ec859728d2e.jpg -(233.2 KB, 486x491) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
238814
Improving the thread.
>> No.36595  
File: sample_9ad11064fcb046b28d0c9cbb87e54682223c6530.jpg -(107.2 KB, 849x1188) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
109745
Improving the thread.
>> No.36596  
File: sample_a11eeb051937f81657c9b023c029fbbeaabecfa0.jpg -(173.8 KB, 850x1189) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
178016
Improving the thread.
>> No.36597  
File: 1506cf8bee30519db2d545e99c60f3de.jpeg -(212.4 KB, 1024x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
217536
Improving the thread.
>> No.36598  
File: 10ad7d560c57a4fb7ce648913033e851a1adbe15.jpg -(121.1 KB, 500x707) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
123975
Improving the thread.
>> No.36599  
File: 9f7115bfc3498225b0764528898e4be150b3521c.jpg -(141.1 KB, 646x1000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
144479
Improving the thread with ahoge.
>> No.36600  
File: sample_90dda374c1486677f649707bbec551129d0a767f.jpg -(224.6 KB, 850x996) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
229944
>>36599
I see that ahoge and raise it.
>> No.36601  
File: f3a786ccd41e78ce3110675c12b72d4c3d667f92.jpg -(146.2 KB, 750x1081) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
149711
I'm done.
>> No.37664  
File: cover.jpg -(180.6 KB, 800x785) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
184940
Bumping Muv-Luv thread with Alternative OST Vol. 1 in FLAC.
http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=260905

Vol. 2 and kanji cue sheet for Vol. 1 coming tomorrow or this weekend.
>> No.37719  
File: cover.jpg -(279.8 KB, 800x793) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
286553
And here is Vol.2 (with edited Vol.1 as well)
http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=262037

Too lazy to look up the name of the artists in kanji, so ETA for the kanji cue sheet: unknown.
>> No.38518  
File: Look Marimo, your children.gif -(2347.2 KB, 480x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
2403490
"I had a dream.

A dream of people living innocently, without knowing the meaning of peace.

I had a dream.

A dream of people risking their lives and living for the sake of protecting something.

I think...only God knows which it was.

But I still ask myself...was there something I could've done?

I wonder, was that why I came to this world in the first place?

If this was my unavoidable destiny, then what exactly was I to this world?

Sad partings...the fate of humanity...and my own...

I still wonder if I could've changed them.

If I'd had a strong will to protect what I was meant to protect...from the start...

Then maybe there was something only I could've done.

I think there was.

So...so... At the very least...I'll live on...and try to protect everything.

I want to survive and protect this planet everyone gave up on.

I think I can do that.

The people left behind...the feelings left behind...the people I love...

I'll protect them all with my life.

I should be able to do something.

There must be something. Humanity won't lose.

I'll never lose.

Because...I'm here...

Because...I'm...still here..."
>> No.39298  
File: ohgod.png -(405.2 KB, 1024x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
414954
I know that I'm really late to the party, but I need a lap to cry on.
>> No.39302  
>>39298
Marimo ;_;
>> No.39303  
File: marimo20110810.jpg -(285.3 KB, 560x560) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
292135
>>39298
>>39302
>> No.39647  
File: 15228429.png -(1959.4 KB, 1600x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
2006383
Well, I finally finished reading Alternative and it was quite a ride. I'd say my only lament is that age has horrible taste in canon. Altered Fable has to be translated some day, right? I'll look forward to spending more time with Meiya, and maybe getting to know her sister.

Improving the thread.
>> No.39648  
>>39647
Sumika is kawaii as fuck and all, but Meiya is such a good character she makes me want to be a better person. That's pretty fucking good.
>> No.39652  
File: MLA-TE.jpg -(53.7 KB, 640x466) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
54979
>>39647
I doubt anyone will touch Altered Fable. Better learn runes.

Anyways, on another exciting news, Total Eclipse anime website has been updated.

http://muv-luv-te-anime.com
Satelight, and some harem-ecchi animu director. I'm totally okay with Satelight, but I'm not sure what to feel about the director. Now, if it was Kawamori... (w)

Anyways, according to Famitsu http://www.famitsu.com/news/201202/21010260.html
the sound director is Aketagawa Jin (Toradora, Nodame, Honey and Clover, AnoHana) so I'm hoping that it will at least look as good as MacrossF and have good soundtrack, even if it ends up being mostly harem hijinks, etc.
>> No.39655  
>>39647
Muvluv only works with Sumika as the main heroine, sorry. Even if some sort of terrible taste made me dislike her, this whole series is about the relationship between Takeru and Sumika so I wouldn't want it to be any different.

>>39652
Even if it goes wrong, it could be the cash-in to fund an actual Muvluv anime. TE will sell no matter what because of the existing fanbase and the amazing voice cast, if they handle the production properly it will print gold. Just bundle a goddamn TSF to the limited edition ala BRS and take the money, Yoshimune.
>> No.39659  
File: 4307777.jpg -(472.8 KB, 1000x803) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
484171
>>39655
What's more important, a childhood friend or a childhood promise? You're right, because of the way they chose to build the plot Sumika was the only proper candidate. However, if they would have set the groundwork differently in Unlimited there would be no reason the roles couldn't have been switched with the major plot points unchanged. The coup d'etat arc would have lost some strength, but it's not as if it wouldn't have worked.
>> No.39660  
>>39659
Are you saying that if Meiya was missing from Unlimited world and not Sumika, that if you changed Sumika as the cause of Takeru being a causality converter into Meiya, that the story would be no different save the coup arc?
Really now?
>> No.39661  
>>39660
Yes. Is your only point otherwise a question about if I'm serious?
>> No.39662  
>>39659
Yes, if Meiya had been the one Takeru couldn't even imagine to live without. If she'd spent Unlimited inside a jar. If she'd been the one the whole game, beginning at Extra, was built around.

If muvluv had been absolutely different, yes, it could have worked. Maybe.
>> No.39663  
>>39661
But he didn't even remember the promise at the start of Alternative, Meiya was just some weird girl who started hanging around his house when he got transported to BETAworld.
Like >>39662 says, your point seems to be that completely changing everything about the game would... change the game?
>> No.39665  
>>39662
The point I'm addressing was that it "would not have worked", so I'm glad we agree. Also, Meiya was arguably the canon heroine of Extra. Also, Takeru thought of plenty of ways to live without Sumika in Unlimited.

>>39663
How does that affect Meiya's ability to fulfill Sumika's role in Alternative? Takeru forgot about Sumika plenty of times. Meiya's checklist of things Sumika needed to be Alternative's heroine:

"Causality"? ☑ She had enough to set Extra into motion.
Desire to be with Takeru? ☑ It was enough for her to risk the well being of her family. This becomes an even bigger deal when you factor in how important duty and responsibility are to Meiya.
Will power? ☑ Are any of you Sumikafriends going to argue that Meiya has a weaker will?

I would not think the suggestion of what would essentially boil down to a different route would seem so alien to VN readers.
>> No.39666  
>>39665
This is starting to sound like delusional ramblings.
>> No.39667  
>>39665
Things Meiya needs for Alternative to work:
[ ] Takeru's love

Takeru and Sumika are both madly in love with each other, they each cannot imagine living without the other. Meiya's infatuation was entirely one-sided; she wasn't then and will never be more than his noble confidant to him. This was kind of the one underlying theme throughout the entire trilogy. You cannot switch Meiya's and Sumika's roles and tweak it a bit to keep the story coherent.
>> No.39670  
>>39666
This is starting to affirm that you have no point.

>>39667
Takeru's love is completely situational. That fact is canon even outside of the earlier route-based games. Also, Takeru's feelings had nothing to do with him being a "causality conductor". Sumika tore him out of his world against his will. There is no reason to assume Meiya could not have done the same if she was the brain-in-a-jar victim with nothing to think about but regret over her childhood promise.
>> No.39671  
>>39670
And what would Takeru do in this new world when he discovered there was no Meiya? You think he'd spend all that time trying to find her, or try to discover what happened to her with as much fervour as he did with Sumika?
Like I said, Meiya was just some random girl that stumbled into his life at the time her is transported to the BETA world; Takeru may have some kind of feelings for her but they don't even come close to what he feels for Sumika. As long as she existed in the BETA world he would have accepted it.
>> No.39672  
>>39671
All what time? Two months before spending three years fucking another woman? And then doing it over and over again? He wasn't searching for Sumika because of lost love. It was because it was incredibly strange she was the only one missing. That was clearly explained. The same motive would exist if Meiya was missing.
>> No.39673  
File: 1027bou.jpg -(226.0 KB, 560x560) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
231405
>>39670
-Both "マブラヴ" and "I will", Extra's opening and ending songs, are sung from Sumika's perspective. That was confirmed by Kuribayashi and Yoshimune when the 360 remake was announced. The lyrics don't even make sense for anyone but her so you'd have to rewrite that to begin with.
-Extra starts with Takeru and Sumika talking about how they couldn't even imagine being separated. Ever. This is kinda the main point of muvluv. That's a lot of rewriting already, uh.
-You're painfully wrong about Meiya's ending in Extra being "canon", to the point I wonder whether you simply didn't read the game or don't know what the word means. No ending in Extra is more true than the others because all of them happened. Wait, that's not entirely true. None but Sumika's remain because they were deleted. How funny. But you're going to argue that Meiya would have done the same if she were the causality conductor, right?
-STILL WRONG. Aren't you supposed to at least know about Meiya? What kind of fan are you? Sumika slapping Takeru to the BETAverse only happened because she was really possessive to begin with. You know, like she was in Extra. Meiya is all about courage and honour so I really doubt she'd ran away to Takeru like Sumika did. Not even knowing Takeru in that universe doesn't help your case either.

So you are wrong, dumb and bitter. There are games in which the main heroine is simply the one on the cover. This, on the other hand, is an entire trilogy built around one girl and her relationship with the protagonist.
>> No.39674  
>>39673
1. We've established that age made Sumika canon. Thanks for joining the conversation.
2. You're right, it would completely blow everything apart to ignore events in Takeru's childhood during Alternative...oh wait, that happened.
3a. If Extra is considered on its own, it comes down to an argument of promise vs. acquaintance. Otherwise, ref. #1.
3b. You bring up an interesting point about the routes of the other girls being "canon" in Extra. You can make the same point for "canon" in any route-based story, however the question was being the heroine vs. having a route. Also, operable word used was "arguably".
4. You're right, if the promise had existed in the other universe there's no way Meiya would have been overcome with regret at not having a chance to fulfill it. It's not like it was important to her, or anything.

You've exposed so many gaps, I have no idea how I was so wrong, dumb and bitter.
>> No.39675  
>>39674
Not him but I'm pretty sure we have not established that âge made Sumika the main heroine. What everyone has been telling you is that they made the game around Takeru+Sumika and that you can't simply switch heroines.
>> No.39676  
>>39665
>Meiya was arguably the canon heroine of Extra
What? No. Sumika is the main and canon heroine of Extra. Why do you think the Muv Luv Extra fandisc continues the story of Sumika and Takeru's romance and not Meiya's?
>> No.39678  
>>39675
You're correct, I can't switch them because I am not the writer. I have been explaining why Sumika is not a prerequisite for the reasoning behind the major plot points. If you think I'm wrong, elaborate. I'm also genuinely interested to hear your thoughts on Sumika not being the main heroine when considering Extra, Unlimited and Alternative as one story.

>>39676
Does Tomoyo After mean anything for Nagisa in Clannad? But that's not really the point, please see >>39674
>> No.39679  
I love how the whole discussion comes from someone crying about his favorite girl not being the main heroine and not even bothering to explain how is she any better or how would that help the game.

Seriously guys, why are you even bothering to reply is beyong me.
>> No.39681  
>>39679
Yeah guys, we should stop discussing Muvluv in the Muvluv thread. It's been a waifu fight from the beginning.
>> No.39682  
>>39681
What is there to fight about though? Everyone knows that Sumika is the best.
>> No.39686  
>>39682
Well you see, some people are STUPID and WRONG and still insists that they're right.
>> No.39706  
>>39686
Good thing there was an intelligent, cunning and obviously handsome man around to put all the Sumika fanboys in their place.
>> No.40712  
File: 1336056093115.jpg -(145.2 KB, 1024x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
148733
>> No.43514  
If the latter parts of Alt were all about 207 coming together and trusting in each other to overcome their challenges, and also about Takeru and everyone else coming to terms with the fact people die in battle and that you should get over it for the greater good etc, then why did they all hide their signal markers at the end?
Seems to me like they didn't trust Takeru for shit, even though we had the best part of three chapters to build up that trust. It was a huge fucking plot point that Takeru accepts his situation and doesn't whine like a faggot, and he's shown to be able to carry on with his duty even when it means losing a dear friend (RIP Hayase O>), so why then this move of utter distrust in him by his allies right at the end?
>> No.43515  
Ellen is the best maburavu.
>> No.43522  
>>43514
Because he was enough of a little bitch even by the end to get shaken up by something like that.
You should've been able to tell by his still-lack-of-resemblence to the best muv-luv, walken.
>> No.43530  
>>43522
No he wasn't, that was the entire point of the entire Muv Luv series.
>> No.43548  
File: 209f456a.jpg -(63.3 KB, 800x533) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
64863
>> No.43553  
>>43548
finally, an excuse to kill cosplayers.


Delete Post []
Password